Archive - William Foxwell Albright Manuscript
Scope and Contents Note
Contains copy of Albright's manuscript, sent from David Freedman to Ismar Schorsch. In a letter to Schorsch, Freedman describes it as, "the famous unpublished (and unfinished) MS that W.F. Albright wrote when he was a visiting professor at JTS back in the 60s." A collection file note states, "David Freedman states that the ms. with the working title, The History of the Religion of Israel, was contracted by Louis Finkelstein when Albright was a visiting professor at JTS in the 60s. JTS funded the work."
- Creation: circa 1960s
- Albright, William Foxwell (Person)
Language and Scripts Used
There are no restrictions to accessing this collection, however, written permission is required to print or publish. Materials are available by appointment only. To make an appointment and request materials in advance, contact the Librarian in charge of archival materials at: 212.678.8973 or via E-mail: email@example.com.
0.42 Linear Feet (in 1 box.)
Materials are available (by appointment only) at The Special Collections Reading Room, The Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary, 3080 Broadway, New York, NY 10027. Phone: 212.678.8973 or via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guide to the William Foxwell Albright Manuscript
- Archival staff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Funding for the retrospective conversion of the original finding aid documents to produce this guide using Archivists’ Toolkit was made possible by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
- Edition statement
- 2nd edition