Archive - Algeria Consistoire Records
Scope and Contents Note
The Algeria Consistoire Records consists of correspondence, reports, budgets, minutes, and material concerning local Jewish organizations from files of consistories of Algiers, Constantine, and Oran. Also included are clippings and complete issues of Franco-Algerian newspapers, including anti-semitic material.
- Creation: 1847-1905
- Jewish Theological Seminary of America. Library (Organization)
Languages or Scripts of Materials
Materials are available by appointment only. To make an appointment and request materials in advance, contact email@example.com.
There are no restrictions to accessing this collection, however, written permission is required to print or publish.
1.05 Linear Feet (in 2 document boxes and one half document box.)
Materials are available (by appointment only) at The Special Collections Reading Room, The Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary, 3080 Broadway, New York, NY 10027. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genre / Form
- Algiers (Algeria) -- Religious and ecclesiastical institutions
- Constantine (Algeria) -- Religious and ecclesiastical institutions
- Oran (Algeria) -- Religious and ecclesiastical institutions.
- Guide to the Algeria Consistoire Records
- Judith E. Endelman
- October 31, 1978
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Funding for the retrospective conversion of the original finding aid documents to produce this guide using Archivists’ Toolkit was made possible by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).